The Nova Scotian Economy: Facts and Trivia...
Nova Scotia has a diverse economy dependent upon resources and tourism:
- Manufacturing/Fishing - $5.4 billion
- Tourism - $800 million
- Forestry $700 million
- Mining $610 million
- Fishing $473 million
- Agriculture $311 million
Nova Scotia is the world's largest exporter of:
- Christmas trees
- wild berries
Nova Scotia is the home of Michelin Tire North America
The greater Halifax economy is one of Canada's strongest with lower unemployment than Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal:
- The average family income: Nova Scotia $46,937 Halifax $58,262
- Greater Halifax was judged #1 out of North America's top 15 cities for business competitiveness, over Calgary; Austin Tx; Raleigh NC; Sacramento CA; etc. (Hpmg Consultants, Vancouver)
- The Halifax Citadel is the most visited national Historic Site in Canada.
- Peggy's Cove is the world's most photographed fishing village
- The Cabot Trail is considered North America's most beautiful marine drive
- Lunenburg is one of North America's two World Heritage Sites. (United Nations)
The above statistics were compiled and written by Allan Doyle of Tourism Nova Scotia and reproduced here with permission and my thanks.
Send me your comments... Send email
Return to Index Page.
Return to Tower Softwate.